Tuesday 29 April 2014

Discovering the poem inside you

Broadly speaking, I found the event very stimulating. Even though I was feeling quite nervous for having to recite, I managed to focus my attention, almost all the time, on what was happening around me. Thus, I was able to appreciate the beauty of the poems themselves (I was particularly moved by the poems in the "on death" section, at which point I had to make an effort to hold back my tears) and the exquisite pronunciation and intonation that showed the reciters (assimilating the sounds was as if savouring a delicious delicacy). 
And what could I say about the initial song? I felt that those sound waves, so beautifully produced, reached my very soul making it tremble. Not less suggestive were the musical interludes, which also caressed my heart and soul but in a different fashion; it was like being gently massaged through different techniques. 
As for the introductory speeches, apart from the fact that I wish they had been in English, which was obviously out of the question, they were very illustrative and educative (they set an exceptional example of the art of rhetoric so frequently brought up in class, with quotations, jokes, anecdotes, stories, etc.). 
All in all, as far as I am concerned the event was a not entirely unexpected source of sheer pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment